We have successfully gained the independent Oeko-Tex ‘Confidence in Textiles’ standard for all of our light and medium coloured long wool and short wool products.
Oeko-Tex is an independent testing and certification system for textile products. The Oeko-Tex100 Standard applies 100 robust fastness properties and chemical tests to ensure products are free and safe from harmful substances and safe to be in contact with skin.
Auskin has successfully gained the Oeko-Tex ‘Confidence in Textiles’ label for all our light to medium coloured woolskin. Given our products are made from wool on sheepskin, the Oeko-Tex Standard 100 analysis and checks are more stringent than for a single textile fabric. They are not simple criteria to meet, and the Auskin technical team have undertaken a multitude of trials and tests in order to achieve the standard.
- We have gained Oeko-Tex accreditation Class 2 for light to med colours in acid and metal dyes and our tannage is chrome free as per the Oeko-Tex standard requirement.
- The Oeko-Tex organization purchases samples of Auskin products independently in the market place. Samples are taken from different countries several times a year to be tested against the Oeko-Tex standards.
- To achieve the Oeko-Tex standards we must pass a factory audit and meet regular quality assurance testing. Our products must adhere to a program set out as part of the Audit requirements and be tested by an accredited independent laboratory.
- We are currently working towards achieving the Oeko-Tex standard for our darker coloured sheepskin products. In order to meet the stringent criteria our technical team must take into account the different properties of darker woolskin to achieve the standard.
- Auskin is continually working to maintain the Oeko-Tex standards and to gain further certification across all Auskin products in the future.